WRK104 - I, Chatbot: Modern Bot Development with Azure and Teams
Bots are hot! Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said, “Bots are the new apps,” and indeed chatbots are the latest big thing in user interface technology. A quick learning curve, mobile friendliness, and ability to work alongside groups of people in chat applications makes them a natural for today’s workforce. You can write Bots for Microsoft Teams; with a little extra work you can even show them on a SharePoint page.
In this deep-dive workshop, you'll learn all about Bot development, including:
• Azure Bot Services, including channels, activities, and messages, which allow your Bot to work across many services
• Bot Builder SDK, which allows you to manage state across user utterances and organize your bot into reusable dialogs
• Azure cognitive services useful in Bots, including LUIS (Language Understanding Intelligent Service) and QnA Maker for knowledge base Bot development
• Incorporating your Bot into a Microsoft Teams application, plus advanced Teams features including adaptive cards and file uploads and downloads
• Incorporating your Bot into any web page, including as a SharePoint web part with Direct Line channels
• Bot programming in Azure with App Services and Azure Functions
• Accessing the Microsoft Graph from your Bot
Source code and limited online exercises are included, so bring a laptop to follow along! Bot development has so much to offer; don't miss this opportunity to add it to your repertoire!